A great opportunity for Home Educator families to visit the museum at a quieter time (we don’t take any school bookings on this day) and take part in some of our school programmes developed for pupils in Years 1 through to Year 6 (i.e. 5-11yrs).
Note: To book for the Home Educator event, you must have at least one paying child aged 5 years+
- Children aged 5 years+ £13
- Children aged 3-4 years £7
- Children aged 1-2 years £4
- Children aged under 1 year FREE
One FREE adult for every paying child aged 5 years+
- Additional adults £7
Existing Eureka! Annual Pass Holders get discounted tickets!
(You’ll need to know your annual pass information at the time of booking)
- Children aged 5 years+ £9
- Children aged 0-4 years FREE
- Adult FREE
Download the Home Educator Day March 2024 Info Pack
You can book on to the following science show and special guest workshop at the time of booking:
The Science of Sound
Times: 35min sessions at 11am, 11:45am, 12:30pm, 2pm, 2:45pm, 3:30pm
Age range: 5yrs and over
Join us on a sonic journey where science comes to life. Through fun experiments and interactive demonstrations, we’ll explore the fascinating world of sound, from vibrations to pitch and everything in between.
Noisy Toys: Music & Noise Improvisation Games
Times: 45min sessions at 10:30am, 11:30am. 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm
Age range: 5yrs and over
We will experiment with familiar instruments and unexpected ones. What does an egg slicer sound like? How about a slinky? A rubber band? A CD ROM drive? A mechanical violin? In groups we will explore the musical potential of everyday objects and strange Noisy Toys, then we will organise our sounds and create original music. Taking it in turns playing in different sections of our orchestra and conducting, beautiful music will flow! Or a horrendous cacophony maybe… This activity will be controlled by an experienced music leader, but it could get noisy at times so we will have a quiet space if needed.
And finally, we will have the following drop-in sessions:
Eureka! Sound Explorers
Times: Various pop-ups throughout the day
Age range: All ages
Watch out for the Eureka! Sound Explorers who will be investigating sounds and music throughout the day.
- Full access to the museum galleries
- A mix of bookable and drop-in activities for children aged 5 years+
- 10% discount in the Gift Shop (only available during the Home Educator event)
- 10% discount off the Eureka! Annual Pass (this must be purchased before 3pm on the day)
Terms & Conditions:
- To book on to the Home Educator event you must have at least one paying child aged 5 years or over.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- If you cancel within 1 week of the Home Educator event, Eureka! will charge 50% of the total cost of your visit.
- No refunds will be given if you cancel on the day of the event or simply don’t show up.
- Cancellations must be sent in writing.